At St. Stephen’s we practice radical inclusiveness. We welcome and embrace all who join us for worship, and we invite you to participate fully in the life of this parish community. All who wish to be included on our email mailing list will receive the e-pistle, our weekly email newsletter, which contains information from the parish office about events, ministries, and programs with which to get involved.
If you decide (and we hope you do!) that you would like to become a full member of St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church there are several ways to do this:
- All persons who are baptized at St. Stephen’s are full members.
- If you are a member of another Episcopal Church, please notify our parish office and we will request a Letter of Transfer from your former church. Once we receive your Letter you will be a full member.
- Membership also comes through Confirmation administered by the Bishop during his yearly visit. Confirmation is one of the seven Sacraments in the Episcopal Church. Those who wish to be confirmed are expected to participate in a “Back to Basics” class and the “Discovery Weekend” (please see “Learning” for more information).
- Those who have been confirmed in another faith community are invited to be formally received into the Episcopal Church during the Bishop’s yearly visit. Again, it is expected that they will attend a “Back to Basics” class and the “Discovery Weekend”.
- All members of the parish are expected to make a yearly financial pledge to St. Stephen’s.
For more information, please contact the Rev’d Willie Allen-Faiella, or call the parish office at (305)448-2601.